De Construction Solutions
Piccadilly/Green Park, London
De Construction Solutions are looking to expand the team as we are currently supporting our clients with some technical challenging demolition and enabling works schemes. We are seeking candidates with Meng, MSc, BEng, or minimum equivalent in a Structural or Civil Engineering related degree).
The role is office-based with frequent site visits, inspections, and meetings in central London, and gives the right candidate a career path in the challenging yet rewarding construction engineering sector.
We offer full support in your CPD and training to further your professional learning.
We are part of the DE Group of companies, with close working relationships providing specialist engineering support to our sister companies, providing broad experience and networking to enable the right person to provide a first-class service.
The successful applicant will provide engineering support to our clients working on technically challenging demolition and enabling works projects identifying and developing solutions with support from an experienced leadership team.
We are looking for candidates who can:
Technical understanding and application of engineering
- produce engineered solutions to construction problems at tender and project stages;
- check and approve medium and low-risk engineered solutions produced by others;
- provide guidance and coaching to Project Engineers/Junior Engineers and technicians;
- be confident in the understanding and application of design codes and guidance;
- provide technical support to identify and provide technically sound solutions to DE Group companies and external clients;
- develop technical skills of junior staff.
Safety, Health, and Quality
- ensure health and safety are key considerations in your engineered solutions;
- ensure a designer’s risk assessment/decision log has been completed and included as part of the design submission;
- have and maintain an up-to-date CSCS card;
- manage and deliver whole projects in line with the DE Group SHEQ processes and procedures and in line with ISO accreditations;
- provide input into the continued betterment of integrated management systems.
Management and leadership
- ensure the correct project administration and document management/record keeping is accurate and timely;
- prepare and approve fee proposals for requested design briefs/scope of work items;
- manage changes to our scope of work with the client, agreeing on actions and changes prior to implementing works;
- perform your work in a professional manner and challenge yourself and others;
- coordinate and manage the statutory, contractual, and commercial issues in relation to your projects;
- take responsibility and full ownership for your work and that of others in your charge;
- manage and lead resources across multiple projects.
Sustainability and the environment
- be considerate of the requirements for sustainability and the environment in your engineered solutions;
- produce a positive impact with your designs considerate to waste, carbon, and resources.
Interpersonal skills and communication
- communicate clearly and concisely with our client site teams both orally and in writing;
- communicate ideas to technical and non-technical staff clearly and develop those skills in others;
- input into the improvement of client relationships and business development;
- input into industry best practices and working groups (e.g. TWF).
The candidate will ideally be Chartered with either the Institution of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic company undertaking challenging projects, please, submit your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
The DE Group is an equal opportunities employer.